Hope Street Xchange is a new hybrid workspace which mixes distinctive new design with sensitive refurbishment of an existing Grade II listed building in Sunderland City Centre. Hope Street Xchange comprises of 30 offices, 7 workshops and a café boasting superfast broadband, state of the art AV in the generous communal meeting and event spaces. By becoming a tenant at Hope Street Xchange you have the opportunity to access unique research expertise and rapid prototyping facilities. The building offers fantastic event space unique to Sunderland.
Episode 029 - Ash Dykes
World Record Holding Adventurer
British Adventurer, Extreme Athlete, 2X World First Record Holder, Speaker, Muay Thai Fighter, Master Scuba Diver.
(FHM:- “One Of The Worlds Most Fearless Outdoors Men”).
(Wales Online:- “7th coolest person in Wales”).
Ash has been invited to 10 Downing Street on two occasions after his feats, was shown social support by Bear Grylls, Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Duncan Bannatyne and won the 2015 UK Adventurer of the Year Award and the 2016 Welsh Adventurer of the Year Award.
He was featured on The Times, Forbes, The Guardian, Mail Online, BBC World News, ITV, Arise TV, Discovery Channel, Channel 5 etc.
Ash Dykes is a 2x world record holder for becoming the first person to complete a solo & unsupported trek across Mongolia, and becoming the first person to traverse the entire length of Madagascar via its eight highest Mountains.
Ash has been nominated for the National Adventurer of the Year Award & is a Motivational Speaker.
Sir Ranulph Fiennes described it as being “an example of great determination”.
Ian Farrar and Ash Dykes Discuss:-
- Initial adventures
- Walking across Mongolia solo & unsupported
- Traversing Madagascar
- Facing Loneliness
- Contracting Malaria
- Kickstarter campaign to launch the Mongolia documentary
Find Ash Here :- ashdykes.com
If you enjoyed this episode with Ash, why not check out;
- Ep 3 – Brad Burton | Business Motivational Speaker
- Ep 10 - Taz Thornton | Extreme Empowerment
- Ep 14 - James Ketchell | The Ultimate Triathlon - Climb, Row, Cycle
- Ep 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- Ep 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- Ep 76 - Ian Farrar 2018 Update | Goal Setting
- Ep 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- Ep 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- Ep 107 - Ian Farrar | Volunteering for You & Your Community
- Ep 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- Ep 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- Ep 113 - Anon & Ian Farrar | Punking Marvel
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- Ep 121 - Anon & Ian Farrar | Marvel Victory
- Ep 123 - Ian Farrar & Rob O'Donahue | Ian is interviewed for the 1% Better Podcast Show
- Ep 126 - Brad Burton | NSW Bonus | Day One
- Ep 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- Ep 133 - Ian Farrar | Fuel Your Fire, Come Back Stronger
- Ep 139 - Caspar Craven | Where the Magic Happens
- Ep 143 & 144- Ann Cleeves | LIVE Interview and Q & A
- Ep 147 - Ash Dykes | Mission Yangtze
- Ep 150 - Cathy O'Dowd | Do What Has Never Been Done Before
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 155 - Richard Tubb | Journaling for Success
- Ep 156 - Sarah Crimmens | Foundation: Gratitude & The Universe
- Ep 158 - Emma Lewell-Buck | MP for South Shields
- Ep 160 - Alfie Joey | Changing Lanes
- Ep 167 - Geoff Ramm | Every Year, One Big Project
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 187 - Saray Khumalo | Award Winning Mountaineer
- Ep 188 - Polly Brennan & John Mew | Mental Fitness
"The bad times haven't come to stay, they've come to pass.
Just keep pushing forward."
- Ash Dykes