Far North - Sales, Marketing, Technology
Are you looking to enter new markets?
Launch a new business, product or service?
Maybe introduce a new revenue stream?
Far North is an all-encompassing Business Development Consultancy. We aim to fulfil your growth potential by reviewing your existing business strategy or developing a new, bespoke business model.
Episode 052 - Connor Gillivan
Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
Connor Gillivan is a 27 year old serial entrepreneur and an expert in eCommerce and online hiring. He co-founded his first eCommerce company out of his dorm room in 2009 and scaled it to sell over $20 million on the Amazon Marketplace. While scaling, he and his co-founders started outsourcing operations and became experts at hiring online.
In 2015, Connor co-founded and became the CMO of FreeeUp, an online hiring marketplace specialized for the eCommerce and digital marketing industries. He and his co-founder wanted a better way to hire reliable remote workers without having to spend hours upfront recruiting and interviewing. Today, FreeeUp serves over 2,000 online businesses and is rapidly becoming a favorite destination to hire online.
Connor is a best selling author with his book titled Free Up Your Business: 50 Secrets to Bootstrap Million Dollar Companies. The book shares secrets that he and his business partner have developed over the 7 years of working together and outlines how entrepreneurs can scale their business to over $1 million.
Connor owns his own blog, ConnorGillivan.com, where he writes about starting eCommerce businesses, growing as an entrepreneur, and navigating the startup world.
Connor Gillivan also founded Ecombalance.com a monthly bookkeeping service for Ecommerce Sellers/agencies and OutsourceSchool.com where he teaches his hiring processes
Ian Farrar and & Connor Gillivan Discuss:-
- Virtual Assistants
- Becoming an author/li>
- Scaling up
If you enjoyed this episode with Connor, why not check out;
- Ep 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- Ep 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- Ep 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- Ep 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- Ep 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- Ep 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- Ep 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- Ep 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- Ep 27 - Geoffrey Moore | High Tech Marketing
- Ep 28 - Ted Rubin | Social Marketing Strategist
- Ep 30 - Antonio García Martinez | Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
- Ep 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- Ep 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- Ep 34 - Scott Gombar | SEO Uncovered.
- Ep 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- Ep 36 - John Lagoudakis | Results Based Internet Marketing
- Ep 41 - Rachel Parker | Content Marketing
- Ep 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- Ep 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- Ep 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- Ep 50 - Brian Fanzo | Disrupting the Digital Future with a Millennial Mindset
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- Ep 55 - Simon Middleton | Build A Brand In 30 Days
- Ep 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- Ep 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- Ep 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- Ep 63 - Ian Farrar | How to deal with Email Unsubscribers
- Ep 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- Ep 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- Ep 67 - Suria Sparks | $10M Annual Sales Using Facebook Marketing Strategies
- Ep 68 - Heather Havenwood | Chatbot: Friend Or Foe
- Ep 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- Ep 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- Ep 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- Ep 78 - AJ Wilcox | Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- Ep 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- Ep 82 - Sharon Bolt | Get Free Publicity Today
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 90 - Jamie Hill | Facebook groups for creating sales leads
- Ep 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- Ep 95 - Deepak Shukla | Achieve More Leads & Boss the Rankings
- Ep 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- Ep 106 - Ian Farrar | Global Platform, Local Focus
- Ep 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- Ep 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- Ep 116 - Simon Middleton | Brand Is DEAD
- Ep 118 - Jim Mawdsley | CEO of the UK's Leading Music Sector Development agency
- Ep 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- Ep 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- Ep 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- Ep 136 - Sharon Bolt | How to Tell Stories the Media Can't Resist
- Ep 141 - Ian Farrar | How to Get Featured on Podcasts
- Ep 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- Ep 153 - Michael Owen | Clothing Brand Founder | Always Wear Red
- Ep 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- Ep 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- Ep 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 167 - Geoff Ramm | Every Year, One Big Project
- Ep 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- Ep 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- Ep 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- Ep 172 - Pascal Fintoni | Visual Storytelling
- Ep 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- Ep 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- Ep 177 - Ann English | Why Most Ideas Die
- Ep 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- Ep 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- Ep 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- Ep 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- Ep 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- Ep 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
Far North Sales & Marketing
"If they don’t care enough to update their profile or engage, why would I think they cared about creating a great experience for me?"
- Brian Fanzo