Are you looking to enter new markets?
Launch a new business, product or service?
Maybe introduce a new revenue stream?
Far North is an all-encompassing Business Development Consultancy. We aim to fulfil your growth potential by reviewing your existing business strategy or developing a new, bespoke business model.
Episode 055 - Simon Middleton
Build A Brand In 30 Days
Simon was Founder of The Shackleton Design & Manufacturing Company, the menswear, lifestyle and experience brand: producing made-in-Britain products inspired by the Antarctic explorer Ernest Shackleton. Having built the Shackleton brand Simon left it under new management in September 2016.
Simon was selected as a Top 100 Manufacturer 2015 by Manufacturer magazine.
He is a member of the Advisory Boards of Make It British and Made In Britain, a Fellow of the RSA, and a Business Fellow of University of East Anglia.
In 2013 Simon opened Britain's first banjo factory in more than 60 years, and launched The Shackleton Banjo – swiftly followed by Shackleton brand beers, clothing, footwear and accessories.
The Shackleton's launch campaign on the Kickstarter platform was one of the top 2% most successful of worldwide Kickstarter projects since the platform was launched.
Simon was formerly one of the UK’s best known independent brand strategy advisers, and has worked with high profile clients including: Harris Tweed Authority, British Airways, Aviva, Pret A Manger, Norfolk Broads National Park, World Vision and many more.
Simon is author of three branding, marketing and personal-development books.
His first book 'Build A Brand In 30 Days' (Capstone) is an Amazon No.1 bestseller in its category and was described as "invaluable" by Director magazine.
His second, 'What You Need To Need To Know About Marketing' (Capstone) is the essential guide to marketing for non-marketers.
His third book, 'Brand New You' (Hay House) was a Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday 'Book of The Week'.
Simon speaks internationally about branding and is frequently rated 'best speaker' at conferences.
He has appeared on CNN, Bloomberg, Sky, Five and BBC (Today, Breakfast, BBC News, Newsnight) as an expert brand commentator.
Ian & Simon discuss:-
- Brand Journeys
- The Four Pillars
- Compelling emotional story
- Pursuing excellence
- Kickstarter campaigns
Check out http://simonmiddleton.com/
If you enjoyed this episode with Simon, why not check out;
- Ep 27 - Geoffrey Moore | High Tech Marketing
- Ep 28 - Ted Rubin | Social Marketing Strategist
- Ep 36 - John Lagoudakis | Results Based Internet Marketing
- Ep 41 - Rachel Parker | Content Marketing
- Ep 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- Ep 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- Ep 50 - Brian Fanzo | Disrupting the Digital Future with a Millennial Mindset
- Ep 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- Ep 63 - Ian Farrar | How to deal with Email Unsubscribers
- Ep 67 - Suria Sparks | $10M Annual Sales Using Facebook Marketing Strategies
- Ep 68 - Heather Havenwood | Chatbot: Friend Or Foe
- Ep 78 - AJ Wilcox | Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- Ep 82 - Sharon Bolt | Get Free Publicity Today
- Ep 90 - Jamie Hill | Facebook groups for creating sales leads
- Ep 95 - Deepak Shukla | Achieve More Leads & Boss the Rankings
- Ep 116 - Simon Middleton | Brand Is DEAD
- Ep 136 - Sharon Bolt | How to Tell Stories the Media Can't Resist
- Ep 141 - Ian Farrar | How to Get Featured on Podcasts
- Ep 153 - Michael Owen | Clothing Brand Founder | Always Wear Red
- Ep 167 - Geoff Ramm | Every Year, One Big Project
- Ep 172 - Pascal Fintoni | Visual Storytelling
- Ep 177 - Ann English | Why Most Ideas Die
"...a Compelling emotional story"
- Simon Middleton