Industry Angel listeners – the revolution is here. I’ve teamed up with Ian to offer places at the only public UK course I’ll be giving this year – and it’s in Durham.
For three hours+ on the morning of Friday 15th of September you’ll get the absolute best advice on making presentations there is. And what’s more you can get 13% off the tickets, just because you listen to Industry Angel.
Go to PresentationGenius.Info/Durhamand see if you like what you see. When you’re ready to buy, use the code A13I (the letters forAlpha and Indigo around the number 13) as the coupon code. Then just turn up!
Simon Raybould from Episode 45
Episode 058 - Danusia Malina-Derben
Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
After meteoric success in academia, Danusia quickly became an Economic and Social Research Council Fellow and rose to a senior level as an Organizational Behaviour and Development expert. As an international career academic, she became a leadership model theoretician publishing countless articles in top refereed business journals.
After leaving the world of academia as a tenured academic, her strong sense of purpose propelled her into becoming the reigning authority on C-level execs and Boards. Through her C-suite consulting Danusia influences the way Boards strategise, redirects company vision, reignites C-suiters influence and re-aligns their leadership prowess. Her clients include Microsoft, Mars, Sainsbury's, ICBC Standard Bank, Ministry of Defence, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Isle of Man Government, The Home Office, as well as various industry associations.
She has chaired an Oxford Union debate with Germaine Greer and Helena Morrissey on 'Can you Have it All?' and is a regular contributor on future C-level business changes/trends, cultivating women's leadership and the age old debate about women's careers and family. As well as being an authority on all things “C-suite” she is also mother of ten including 'her last baby', triplets of four years old.
Three decades of experience as an ambitious mother in male dominated industries compelled her to create the online platform Unstoppable Mothers (launching August 2017). Unstoppable Mothers is a social change movement for ambitious and accomplished women navigating their journey of career success and happy children. Her forthcoming book, UNSTOPPABLE (2018) equips working mothers with skills and strategies of Unstoppability to counter the impacts of, what Danusia calls, the MotherStopper culture.
Ian & Danusia discuss:-
- Pioneering academic research on sex shop cultures
- Working as a c-suite consultant
- Being a mother of ten and carving a career
- The www.unstoppablemothers.com project - launching August 11th 2017
Check out http://www.danusiamalinaderben.com
If you enjoyed this episode with Danusia, why not check out;
- Ep 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- Ep 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- Ep 16 - Lisa Spencer-Arnell | What's LOVE got to do with Leadership
- Ep 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- Ep 26 - Jonathan Pfahl | Rockstar Mentoring
- Ep 31 - Adèle McLay | Stand Out. Get Noticed. Grow Your Business.
- Ep 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- Ep 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- Ep 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- Ep 39 - Alison Donaghey | Change Your Business Change the World
- Ep 42 & 43 - Geoff Thompson | Scaling a start-up company & becoming Chairman of your hometown football club
- Ep 46 - Nick Klisht | Company Culture
- Ep 47 - Lawrence Mitchell | Success Without Stress: How to Prevent Burnout & Build Resilience
- Ep 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The secret weapon for business success
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean startup, is it for you?
- Ep 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- Ep 65 - Shawn Anderson | Go The Extra Mile, Create That Better Life
- Ep 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- Ep 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- Ep 77 - Kyle Davies | The Answer Within, Managing Work Related Stress
- Ep 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- Ep 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 86 - Lucy Kendall | CEO of International Children's Charity COCO
- Ep 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- Ep 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- Ep 92 - Tanja Bueltmann | The Brexit Interview – Britain and the EU impact
- Ep 94 - Dr. Laurie Rauch | Performance Under Pressure
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five years & 250 employees later
- Ep 100 - Ray Spencer | The Centenary edition with Ray Spencer
- Ep 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- Ep 103 - Caspar Berry | Risk Taking & Decision Making in Poker, Business & Life
- Ep 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- Ep 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- Ep 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- Ep 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- Ep 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- Ep 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding One Of Europe's Fastest Growing Startups
- Ep 125 - Live Streaming Interviews | Newcastle Startup Week 2019
- Ep 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- Ep 130 - Ian & Friends | Launching Carpeway Leadership Group
- Ep 137 - Ian Farrar | Leaders; Things to Consider Before You Terminate A Position
- Ep 140 - Matthew Turner | The Anti Hustle
- Ep 142 - Glyn Davison | LIVE Fireside Chat
- Ep 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- Ep 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- Ep 184 - Gillian Fortune | How to Feel in Control
- Ep 185 - Ray Spencer | Will the Show Go On?
- Ep 192 - Dr Russell Thackeray | To Drive Change Through Your Organisation
“No parent left behind”
- Danusia Malina-Derben