Episode 065 - Go the extra mile, create that better life.
Shawn Anderson is a 6-time motivational author, an inspiring keynote speaker, and a results-producing people builder. His "go the extra mile" philosophy and ability to produce winning results have been praised by leaders and media outlets around the world. When it comes to living the life he loves, this #1 best-selling "Motivation" author walks the talk.
He has built a million dollar company, pedaled a bike 4,000 miles across the U.S. (twice) and created adventures in 40+ countries including having walked across Spain, Portugal, England, Ireland, and 750 miles around Shikoku, Japan. A lifetime entrepreneur, Shawn is the creator of "Extra Mile Day" (declared by 560 cities on 11/1/16)....a day recognizing the power we each have to create positive change in our lives when we "go the extra mile." Shawn has inspired thousands of people around the world, and is passionate about sharing a simple message: "If you want to live a life you love...never stop never stop going the extra mile."
Ian and Shawn discuss:
- You need time to sharpen your own axe
- Travelling cross country
- Cease the day, life isn’t for ever
- What is it that you want in life?
- Needing content to be able to write a book
- Empowering ourselves
- Inspiring a million people
- The more we see remarkable, the more remarkable our lives become
- Go the extra mile
- Recording your goals in a journal
If you enjoyed this episode with Shawn, you may enjoy;
- Ep 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- Ep 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- Ep 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- Ep 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- Ep 39 - Alison Donaghey | Change Your Business Change the World
- Ep 46 - Nick Klisht | Company Culture
- Ep 47 - Lawrence Mitchell | Success Without Stress: How to Prevent Burnout & Build Resilience
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean startup, is it for you?
- Ep 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- Ep 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- Ep 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- Ep 77 - Kyle Davies | The Answer Within, Managing Work Related Stress
- Ep 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 92 - Tanja Bueltmann | The Brexit Interview – Britain and the EU impact
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- Ep 103 - Caspar Berry | Risk Taking & Decision Making in Poker, Business & Life
- Ep 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- Ep 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- Ep 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- Ep 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- Ep 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- Ep 125 - Live Streaming Interviews | Newcastle Startup Week 2019
- Ep 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- Ep 140 - Matthew Turner | The Anti Hustle
- Ep 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- Ep 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- Ep 184 - Gillian Fortune | How to Feel in Control
- Ep 185 - Ray Spencer | Will the Show Go On?
- Ep 192 - Dr Russell Thackeray | To Drive Change Through Your Organisation
Far North Sales & Marketing
“ Real life motivation. Without the hype.”
- Shawn Anderson