Martel provides custom printer solutions to equipment manufacturers and system integrators that require flexibility of supply—without the compromises, costs and order commitments required by traditional high‐volume manufacturers.
Far North Sales & Marketing
Episode 71 Always Be Testing | Tales from a Start-up
When it comes to business, Paul has seen and done it all. Well, almost... back in 2002, he set up creative design agency Urban River Creative swiftly moving with the digital age to offer clients innovative products and services to keep them at the top of their game.
Paul will chat with Founder of Far North Ltd, South Tyneside's very own Ian Farrar as they discuss his early days in business and how he was very much self-taught in many aspects of business. Paul went on to successfully raise funding to develop his Gym Plan app and bring it to market - but it has not been without it's challenges!
His breadth of experience in his own companies, and the support he received from mentors has helped Paul grow into the tech savvy entrepreneur who undoubtedly still has a lot to bring to the digital world.
Ian and Paul discuss:
- Learning on the job
- Being coached and mentored
- Lean Startup
- Raising Finance
- Business in the North East UK
- Challenges of building an app
Check out Gym Plan
Check out our live footage from Periscope
If you enjoyed this episode with Paul, why not check out;
- Ep 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- Ep 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- Ep 8 – Darren Jobling | Advanced 3D Car Configuration Technology
- Ep 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- Ep 13 – Marco Camisani Calzolari | Online Activism
- Ep 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- Ep 17 - Peter Robinson | Kids Entertainment & Gaming
- Ep 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- Ep 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- Ep 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- Ep 22 - Emma Kaye | Africa's Digital Distribution Platform, Bozza
- Ep 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- Ep 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- Ep 30 - Antonio García Martinez | Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
- Ep 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- Ep 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- Ep 34 - Scott Gombar | SEO Uncovered.
- Ep 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- Ep 36 - John Lagoudakis | Results Based Internet Marketing
- Ep 41 - Rachel Parker | Content Marketing
- Ep 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- Ep 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- Ep 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- Ep 50 - Brian Fanzo | Disrupting the Digital Future with a Millennial Mindset
- Ep 51 - Geoff Ramm | Next Level Customer Service & Marketing
- Ep 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- Ep 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- Ep 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- Ep 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- Ep 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- Ep 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- Ep 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- Ep 67 - Suria Sparks | $10M Annual Sales Using Facebook Marketing Strategies
- Ep 68 - Heather Havenwood | Chatbot: Friend Or Foe
- Ep 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- Ep 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- Ep 78 - AJ Wilcox | Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- Ep 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 85 - Amy Wan | Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Smart Contracts 101
- Ep 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- Ep 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- Ep 90 - Jamie Hill | Facebook Groups For Creating Sales Leads
- Ep 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- Ep 95 - Deepak Shukla | Achieve More Leads & Boss the Rankings
- Ep 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- Ep 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- Ep 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- Ep 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- Ep 118 - Jim Mawdsley | CEO of the UK's Leading Music Sector Development Agency
- Ep 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- Ep 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- Ep 131 - Startup Safari NG | The World of XR
- Ep 132 - Ian Farrar with Grant Murray | Foreign Currency Trading
- Ep 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- Ep 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- Ep 149 - Ian & Panel | Life App North | App Development Insights
- Ep 154 - Simon Briton | Digital Transformation in R&D Tax
- Ep 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- Ep 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- Ep 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- Ep 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- Ep 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- Ep 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- Ep 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- Ep 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- Ep 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- Ep 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- Ep 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- Ep 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- Ep 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
“You have to eat your own dog food”
- Paul Slater