Ep 82 Get Free Publicity Today
Sharon Bolt is a publicity expert and founder of Get Free Publicity Today, she has been a business owner and Entrepreneur for over 16 years.
Sharon’s businesses have included Complementary Health Therapies and Dog Training and during the last 11 years she has contributed to more than 40 different local and national newspapers, magazines, TV and radio shows and has received over £1.5 million ($2 million) in free publicity and free advertising.
She is the co-author of 2 highly acclaimed books called 'Successful Women in Business' and 'Every Entrepreneurs Guide: Running Your Own Business.'
Sharon has been featured in a BBC Documentary and has had a regular slot on BBC Radio since 2008 where she answers the listeners’ questions.
She teaches start-ups, business owners and entrepreneurs how to build a brand, increase visibility and generate sales by cleverly using free publicity and has a free cheat sheet called ‘7 Proven Steps That Get You Featured in the Media & Turn Newspaper, Radio & TV Interviews into Sales’ which is available for free on her website: www.getfreepublicitytoday.com/industryangel
Ian & Sharon discuss;
- Specific pitches for media channels
- Do your research
- Find the best journalists in your niche
- Create a story idea that gets attention
- Fake it before you make it
- Having belief
- Dealing with the haters
- Tips for pitching
If you enjoyed this episode with Sharon, you may enjoy;
- Ep 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- Ep 28 - Ted Rubin | Social Marketing Strategist
- Ep 30 - Antonio García Martinez | Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
- Ep 34 - Scott Gombar | SEO Uncovered.
- Ep 36 - John Lagoudakis | Results Based Internet Marketing
- Ep 41 - Rachel Parker | Content Marketing
- Ep 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- Ep 48 - Nick Mann | How to find your passion & do what you were born to do
- Ep 50 - Brian Fanzo | Disrupting the Digital Future with a Millennial Mindset
- Ep 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- Ep 63 - Ian Farrar | How to deal with Email Unsubscribers
- Ep 67 - Suria Sparks | $10M Annual Sales Using Facebook Marketing Strategies
- Ep 68 - Heather Havenwood | Chatbot: Friend Or Foe
- Ep 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- Ep 78 - AJ Wilcox | Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- Ep 90 - Jamie Hill | Facebook groups for creating sales leads
- Ep 95 - Deepak Shukla | Achieve More Leads & Boss the Rankings
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 106 - Ian Farrar | Global Platform, Local Focus
- Ep 118 - Jim Mawdsley | CEO of the UK's Leading Music Sector Development agency
- Ep 141 - Ian Farrar | How to Get Featured on Podcasts
- Ep 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
“I believed I could do it, so I went for it”
- Sharon Bolt.