Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Ep 99 Five years & 250 employees later
Timo Boldt is the CEO and Founder of Gousto, the game-changing recipe box company that is revolutionising mealtimes for UK families. Since exchanging his life in the finance world as VP of a Goldman Sachs offshoot to follow his passion for food at the age of 26, Timo’s sheer determination has taken him (and Gousto) on an incredible journey.
Five years and over 250 employees later, he’s competing head on with the UK’s grocery giants (and succeeding!) and has been recognised as one of the UK’s most impressive entrepreneurs.
Gousto is now one of the country’s fastest-growing and most exciting businesses. It has secured over £28m of funding to date while helping families put over half a million meals on the table each month – and preventing over one million tons of food going to waste in the process.
It was Timo who, after pitching the concept of a ‘recipe box’ on Dragon’s Den, first introduced this idea to the UK public. It has been greeted with huge success, with competitors and supermarkets replicating this unique business model. Passionate about leading and shaping the sector, the explosive growth of the recipe box category has reaffirmed Timo’s decision to leave finance and rethink mealtimes.
Undeterred, passionate and enviably disciplined, Timo has created a foundation of strength at Gousto by hiring a robust, experienced Leadership team around him. This, combined with a commitment to keeping customers at the core of the business, has seen him drive success in the UK’s largest market. In his role on Unilever’s’ Digital Advisory Board he also advised on digital strategy, data and tech capabilities and emerging technologies alongside the ex-CMO of Microsoft and ex-CEOs of IBM and AOL.
Recognised by Debrett’s in 2017 as one of Britain’s top 500 most influential people, Timo is an authority on growing a successful business, securing investment and using ecommerce to revolutionise the grocery sector.
Timo is also a vocal champion of women in business, a passion point for him alongside other forms of equality and diversity in the workforce. He has actively used his role as a leader to bring the equality conversation to the forefront and drive awareness and change around biases.
Ian and Timo discuss;
- Founding from the living room
- Dragon Den experience
- Alliance with your supply chain
- Reducing plastic packaging
- Sustainability Mission
- Employee Engagement
- Behaviours & Culture
- Data within the organisation
If you enjoyed this episode with Timo, why not check out;
- Ep 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- Ep 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- Ep 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- Ep 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- Ep 16 - Lisa Spencer-Arnell | What's LOVE got to do with Leadership
- Ep 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- Ep 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- Ep 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- Ep 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- Ep 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- Ep 26 - Jonathan Pfahl | Rockstar Mentoring
- Ep 31 - Adèle McLay | Stand Out. Get Noticed. Grow Your Business.
- Ep 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- Ep 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- Ep 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- Ep 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- Ep 42 & 43 - Geoff Thompson | Scaling a start-up company & becoming Chairman of your hometown football club
- Ep 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- Ep 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- Ep 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- Ep 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- Ep 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- Ep 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- Ep 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- Ep 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- Ep 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- Ep 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- Ep 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- Ep 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- Ep 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- Ep 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- Ep 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- Ep 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 86 - Lucy Kendall | CEO of International Children's Charity COCO
- Ep 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- Ep 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- Ep 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- Ep 94 - Dr. Laurie Rauch | Performance Under Pressure
- Ep 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 100 - Ray Spencer | The Centenary edition with Ray Spencer
- Ep 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- Ep 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- Ep 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- Ep 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- Ep 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- Ep 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- Ep 130 - Ian & Friends | Launching Carpeway Leadership Group
- Ep 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- Ep 137 - Ian Farrar | Leaders; Things to Consider Before You Terminate A Position
- Ep 142 - Glyn Davison | LIVE Fireside Chat
- Ep 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- Ep 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- Ep 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- Ep 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- Ep 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- Ep 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- Ep 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- Ep 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- Ep 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- Ep 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- Ep 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- Ep 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- Ep 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- Ep 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- Ep 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- Ep 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- Ep 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery