Episode 137 | Leaders; Things to Consider Before you Terminate a position
Ian discusses his thoughts on leadership, culture and employee satisfaction.
Your homework was.
- Take a look at your rule book, take a red pen and get rid of those petty rules.
- Take your team out individually for a walk in fresh air and be genuinely interested in them and how they are feeling.
- Take a sledgehammer and smash that pool table if its just a prop.
- Take a look at yourself, what do you think employees say about you when you aren’t in the room.
- Take your finger off the trigger and try to understand if there is any way to salvage the position or redeploy them elsewhere.
- Training is the easy bit, finding a Rockstar is the hard work.
If you enjoyed this episode, why not check out;
- Ep 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- Ep 16 - Lisa Spencer-Arnell | What's LOVE got to do with Leadership
- Ep 26 - Jonathan Pfahl | Rockstar Mentoring
- Ep 31 - Adèle McLay | Stand Out. Get Noticed. Grow Your Business.
- Ep 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- Ep 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- Ep 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- Ep 42 & 43 - Geoff Thompson | Scaling a start-up company & becoming Chairman of your hometown football club
- Ep 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The secret weapon for business success
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- Ep 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- Ep 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- Ep 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- Ep 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 86 - Lucy Kendall | CEO of International Children's Charity COCO
- Ep 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- Ep 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- Ep 94 - Dr. Laurie Rauch | Performance Under Pressure
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five years & 250 employees later
- Ep 100 - Ray Spencer | The Centenary edition with Ray Spencer
- Ep 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- Ep 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- Ep 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding One Of Europe's Fastest Growing Startups
- Ep 130 - Ian & Friends | Launching Carpeway Leadership Group
- Ep 142 - Glyn Davison | LIVE Fireside Chat
- Ep 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- Ep 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- Ep 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
"The team you surround yourself with, have to be firing on all cylinders"
- Ian Farrar