Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
128 Marathon Woman Kathrine Switzer | Be Fearless
An iconic athlete, author, Emmy-award winning broadcaster and advocate for sports and social causes, Kathrine Switzer was the first woman to officially register and run the Boston Marathon in 1967.
She was attacked in the race by an angry official who tried to rip off her bib number (#261) and throw her out of the race because she was a woman. She finished the 26.2 mile distance anyway and went on win the 1974 New York City Marathon and to champion women in the sport globally, most notably leading the drive to make the women's marathon an official Olympic event in 1984.
Now, 58% of all runners in the USA are women. To celebrate this social revolution, and to support another on active ageing, Switzer ran the Boston Marathon again, at age 70, on the 50th anniversary of her iconic run, finishing only 24 minutes slower than she did when she was 20. This run launched her non-profit '261 Fearless' --named after that famous bib number--which empowers women globally though running.
She has been honored widely for her achievements including being inducted into the USA National Women’s Hall of Fame which recognised her for creating positive social change throughout her storied career.
If you enjoyed this episode with Katherine, why not check out;
- Ep 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- Ep 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- Ep 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- Ep 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- Ep 39 - Alison Donaghey | Change Your Business Change the World
- Ep 46 - Nick Klisht | Company Culture
- Ep 47 - Lawrence Mitchell | Success Without Stress: How to Prevent Burnout & Build Resilience
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean startup, is it for you?
- Ep 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- Ep 65 - Shawn Anderson | Go The Extra Mile, Create That Better Life
- Ep 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- Ep 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- Ep 77 - Kyle Davies | The Answer Within, Managing Work Related Stress
- Ep 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 92 - Tanja Bueltmann | The Brexit Interview – Britain and the EU impact
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- Ep 103 - Caspar Berry | Risk Taking & Decision Making in Poker, Business & Life
- Ep 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- Ep 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- Ep 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- Ep 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- Ep 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- Ep 125 - Live Streaming Interviews | Newcastle Startup Week 2019
- Ep 140 - Matthew Turner | The Anti Hustle
- Ep 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- Ep 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- Ep 184 - Gillian Fortune | How to Feel in Control
- Ep 185 - Ray Spencer | Will the Show Go On?
- Ep 192 - Dr Russell Thackeray | To Drive Change Through Your Organisation