140 The Anti Hustle
Ian chat's with returning guest Matthew Turner.
Matthew discusses his new book Beyond the Pale.
A business parable written for today’s fast-paced millennial stuck in hustle-mode.
Set in a similar style to Paulo Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’, Matthew has written this book to trigger the ever-growing market of those turning their back on traditional employment, and getting lost in the online hustle and grind that’s fueling burnout, stress and mental health issues amongst this talented generation.
It’s written for those who have already read dozens of Business, How to and Self Help Books, and are beginning to question how helpful they are.
Beyond The Pale not only offers insight and inspiration, but an escape into a fictional story so your mind can finally switch-off and escape the hustle and grind.
The guys chat about;
- The results of speaking with 163 leaders
- Self Sabotage
- Mindset, Habits, Belief
- Flow learning
- Self Rejection
- The Anti Hustle
- How we feel we should look
- Three stages; Awakening, Ascension, Evolution
- Constant Connectivity
- Losing track of the progress you have done by focussing on what you haven’t
- Question your beliefs
- You are broken, you are not perfect
- What life would I lead if I had an 8-figure business
If you enjoyed this episode with Matthew, why not check out;
- Ep 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- Ep 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- Ep 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- Ep 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- Ep 39 - Alison Donaghey | Change Your Business Change the World
- Ep 46 - Nick Klisht | Company Culture
- Ep 47 - Lawrence Mitchell | Success Without Stress: How to Prevent Burnout & Build Resilience
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean startup, is it for you?
- Ep 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- Ep 65 - Shawn Anderson | Go The Extra Mile, Create That Better Life
- Ep 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- Ep 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- Ep 77 - Kyle Davies | The Answer Within, Managing Work Related Stress
- Ep 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 92 - Tanja Bueltmann | The Brexit Interview – Britain and the EU impact
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- Ep 103 - Caspar Berry | Risk Taking & Decision Making in Poker, Business & Life
- Ep 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- Ep 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- Ep 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- Ep 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- Ep 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- Ep 125 - Live Streaming Interviews | Newcastle Startup Week 2019
- Ep 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- Ep 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- Ep 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- Ep 184 - Gillian Fortune | How to Feel in Control
- Ep 185 - Ray Spencer | Will the Show Go On?
- Ep 192 - Dr Russell Thackeray | To Drive Change Through Your Organisation