Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Episode 147 - Ash Dykes
The first person to walk the entire length of the Yangtze River.
Can you remember the Explorer/Extreme Athlete from Episode 29 who walked across Mongolia and Madagascar?
Well he’s fresh back from traversing the entire length of the Yangtze River in China on foot, a worlds first that took him a year to complete.
The guys cover;
- Getting to the source of the Yangtze
- Crew members abandoning due to weather and conditions
- Two years in the planning
- An interactive expedition with schools and the public
- Loneliness along the way, mental strength
- Physical training
- Carrying kit for capturing video and audio content
- Guinness world of records requirements
- Keeping the body ticking over with light training
- Running out of food rations
- Eating with nomads
- Speaking the language
- The guides play a huge part of the expedition
- Protecting yourself from bears!
- Typical daily routine
- Keeping a low profile in certain regions
- The documentary
- The finish and a storm arrives
- The impact since mission completion
If you enjoyed this episode with Ash, why not check out episodes on;
- 3 – Brad Burton | Business Motivational Speaker
- 10 - Taz Thornton | Extreme Empowerment
- 14 - James Ketchell | The Ultimate Triathlon - Climb, Row, Cycle
- 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- 29 - Ash Dykes | World Record Holding Adventurer
- 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- 76 - Ian Farrar 2018 Update | Goal Setting
- 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- 107 - Ian Farrar | Volunteering for You & Your Community
- 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- 113 - Anon & Ian Farrar | Punking Marvel
- 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- 121 - Anon & Ian Farrar | Marvel Victory
- 123 - Ian Farrar & Rob O'Donahue | Ian is interviewed for the 1% Better Podcast Show
- 126 - Brad Burton | NSW Bonus | Day One
- 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- 133 - Ian Farrar | Fuel Your Fire, Come Back Stronger
- 139 - Caspar Craven | Where the Magic Happens
- 143 & 144- Ann Cleeves | LIVE Interview and Q & A
- 150 - Cathy O'Dowd | Do What Has Never Been Done Before
- 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- 155 - Richard Tubb | Journaling for Success
- 156 - Sarah Crimmens | Foundation: Gratitude & The Universe
- 158 - Emma Lewell-Buck | MP for South Shields
- 160 - Alfie Joey | Changing Lanes
- 167 - Geoff Ramm | Every Year, One Big Project
- 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- 187 - Saray Khumalo | Award Winning Mountaineer
- 188 - Polly Brennan & John Mew | Mental Fitness
"Regardless of whether you have the right skills you can teach yourself and learn as you go."
- Ash Dykes