Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Episode 184 Gillian Fortune | How to Feel In Control
With the job title of ‘No-nonsense Stress-Buster’, Gillian Fortune has taught thousands of people how to tackle stress and handle the challenges of life and work in ways that are straightforward, practical and effective.
She is Regional President of the North East Professional Speaking Association and a Professional Trainer of ‘Stress Express’ at Feel Good CIC.
Gillian will give us two techniques to ‘be in control’ that are simple to use with immediate benefits that can be used time and again at work or at home.
Ian & Gillian discuss;
- How online meeting software has benefited lockdown
- Not going back to the old ways of working
- Adapting to change and the fear of the unknown
- Anxiety and our brains reaction to change
- How to get out of your 'stress response mode'
- The uncertainty of going back to work
- How to trick your brain into believing you're calm
Whist on lock-down because of the Covid-19 pandemic, Ian Farrar wanted to create something special for the listeners.
Ian live streamed (Facebook, YouTube & Twitter) for 3 hours on the 19th June 2020 and interviewed 6 of his friends back to back!
We have edited those videos and created bonus podcast episodes.
The original videos can be watched again on the respective social media platforms.
If you enjoyed this episode with Gillian, why not check out;
- 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- 39 - Alison Donaghey | Change Your Business Change the World
- 46 - Nick Klisht | Company Culture
- 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean startup, is it for you?
- 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- 65 - Shawn Anderson | Go The Extra Mile, Create That Better Life
- 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- 92 - Tanja Bueltmann | The Brexit Interview – Britain and the EU impact
- 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- 103 - Caspar Berry | Risk Taking & Decision Making in Poker, Business & Life
- 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- 125 - Live Streaming Interviews | Newcastle Startup Week 2019
- 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- 140 - Matthew Turner | The Anti Hustle
- 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- 185 - Ray Spencer | Will the Show Go On?
- 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- 47 - Lawrence Mitchell | Success Without Stress
- 76 - Ian Farrar 2018 Update | Goal Setting
- 77 - Kyle Davies | Managing Work Related Stress
- 94 - Dr. Laurie Rauch | Performance under pressure
- 183 - John Devitt | How to Respond to a Change in the Marketplace
- 188 - Polly Brennan & John Mew | Mental Fitness
- 192 - Dr Russell Thackeray | To Drive Change Through Your Organisation