Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Episode 186 SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
Hear from the Chief Commercial Officer of SubSea Craft, Tim Chicken.
Tim spent over 30 years in the Royal Marines, leaving in 2013 as a Major General. During his career in uniform, he led marines on operations in Northern Ireland, The Falkland Islands, West Africa, The Balkans, Afghanistan and Iraq as well as on peacekeeping duties under a UN mandate and was recognised twice for his leadership, being made an MBE in 1995 and OBE in 2003. He also fulfilled appointments in policy and operational requirements within the joint community, and served overseas in both The Netherlands and in the British Embassy, Washington DC.
After that, he spent over 5 years in the John Lewis Partnership, characterised by leading significant change in a highly volatile and very fast-moving sector in roles spanning from front-line retail, through eCommerce to the distribution network. As well as this, Tim has extensive experience in successfully leading teams to deliver against challenging requirements.
Ian & Tim discuss;
- Spending 30 years in the forces to going into business
- Challenges faced from the change of the Marines to regular work
- The Victa craft
- New technology behind the project
- Working with people globally & understanding their cultures
- The success of their marketing
- Preparing for the build of the Victa
- How the Victa is different to similar technology
- Launching an innovative product
If you enjoyed this episode with Tim, why not check out episodes on;
- 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
- 194 - Tony Robinson OBE | The Role of Micro Business in the World of Business Innovation
- 196 - Russell Dalgleish | The Global Reach of Scottish Business Network
- 8 – Darren Jobling | Advanced 3D Car Configuration Technology
- 13 – Marco Camisani Calzolari | Online Activism
- 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- 17 - Peter Robinson | Kids Entertainment & Gaming
- 22 - Emma Kaye | Africa's Digital Distribution Platform, Bozza
- 30 - Antonio García Martinez | Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
- 34 - Scott Gombar | SEO Uncovered.
- 36 - John Lagoudakis | Results Based Internet Marketing
- 41 - Rachel Parker | Content Marketing
- 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- 50 - Brian Fanzo | Disrupting the Digital Future with a Millennial Mindset
- 51 - Geoff Ramm | Next Level Customer Service & Marketing
- 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- 67 - Suria Sparks | $10M Annual Sales Using Facebook Marketing Strategies
- 68 - Heather Havenwood | Chatbot: Friend Or Foe
- 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- 78 - AJ Wilcox | Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- 85 - Amy Wan | Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Smart Contracts 101
- 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- 90 - Jamie Hill | Facebook Groups For Creating Sales Leads
- 95 - Deepak Shukla | Achieve More Leads & Boss the Rankings
- 118 - Jim Mawdsley | CEO of the UK's Leading Music Sector Development Agency
- 131 - Startup Safari NG | The World of XR
- 132 - Ian Farrar with Grant Murray | Foreign Currency Trading
- 149 - Ian & Panel | Life App North | App Development Insights
- 154 - Simon Briton | Digital Transformation in R&D Tax
- 195 - Dave Lee | Celebration of International Podcast Day