Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Episode 196 Russell Dalgleish | The Global Reach of Scottish Business Network
Russell Dalgleish, from Scottish International Week, has enjoyed the benefits of a highly successful international career in the technology sector. Likewise, he now focuses his efforts on supporting owners and boards of companies to devise and implement growth strategies to create shareholder value. In his earlier career he has held board leadership positions with International companies achieving turnover more than £200m.
Core areas of focus are Leadership, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Strategic thinking. He is also a regular speaker at events on Leadership in business and has spoken at conferences from Los Angeles to Abu Dhabi.
Meanwhile, Russell is founding Managing Partner of the advisory group, Exolta Capital Partners, www.exolta.com and Founding Chairman Scottish Business Network, www.sbn.scot the global network supporting Scottish business leaders.
Since turning 50 he has developed a passion for endurance events and can often be found at weekends mud splattered clambering over obstacles and "trying to keep up".
Ian & Russell discuss;
- Scottish International Week
- Helping promote Scottish Businesses around the world
- The success of Scottish International Week
- Importance of addressing bigger challenges, such as global warming
- Their mission statement
- Lockdown affecting mental health
- The new way of networking
Ian Farrar wanted to create something special for the listeners, in honour of International Podcast Day & Industry Angel's 200th episode.
Ian live streamed (Facebook, YouTube & Twitter) for two hours on the 29th September 2020 and interviewed 4 of his friends back to back!
We have edited those videos and created bonus podcast episodes.
The original videos can be watched again on the respective social media platforms.
If you enjoyed this episode with Russell, why not check out episodes on;
- 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
- 194 - Tony Robinson OBE | The Role of Micro Business in the World of Business Innovation