Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Far North Sales & Marketing
Episode 197 Anneka Hicks | Founder of ExcludedUK - Supporting the 3 Million Excluded
Anneka Hicks is the founder of ExcludedUK, a grassroots non-profit organisation committed to providing personal, business and career support to those facing hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Anneka is an experienced marketer, strategist, and technologist with a deep routed passion for helping small businesses, independents, and entrepreneurs realise their growth potential and succeed in meeting and exceeding their goals.
With an enthusiasm for business from a very young age – Anneka was often found selling colouring in pages for 5p to neighbours from the age of 5 - she left home at the age of 16 to pursue a life in who-knows-what, which at that stage involved living in a long boat on the Oxford Canal, fronting a Jazz quintet, studying Psychology and English Language, and selling carpet to make ends meet!
Her love for helping small independent businesses grow and succeed was realised as a result of finding work at the local newspaper selling traditional advertising space. With a creative eye and an understanding of human psychology, she proceeded to teach herself graphic design, web building and coding skills which she then was able to use to help companies within her hometown promote their brands in print, online and on air.
The Covid-19 pandemic has enabled Anneka to get back to her routes, and re-evaluate the direction of her career. Having identified a considerable amount of UK Taxpayers falling outside of the Government’s COVID-19 financial support schemes eligibility criteria and seeing the impact of that on their businesses, and careers, as well as their mental health, Anneka set out to put together a support platform that would enable them to find a way through the crisis, building a strong community of likeminded individuals who would be able to help and support each other whilst campaigning against the social injustices and discrimination they were facing. In May 2020, ExcludedUK was founded.
Ian & Anneka discuss;
- Founding Excluded Uk
- Bringing the community together
- MPs getting involved
- Different campaign groups with similar goals
- The government ignoring the gaps in support
- Marching for ExcludedUk
- Over 3 million people have been cast aside
- Issues with Universal Credit
- People who’re excluded having no where to turn
- Providing counselling sessions
- The impact on mental health
Ian Farrar wanted to create something special for the listeners, in honour of International Podcast Day & Industry Angel's 200th episode.
Ian live streamed (Facebook, YouTube & Twitter) for two hours on the 29th September 2020 and interviewed 4 of his friends back to back!
We have edited those videos and created bonus podcast episodes.
The original videos can be watched again on the respective social media platforms.
If you enjoyed this episode with Anneka, you may enjoy episodes on;
- 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
- 196 - Russell Dalgleish | The Global Reach of Scottish Business Network
- 3 – Brad Burton | Business Motivational Speaker
- 10 - Taz Thornton | Extreme Empowerment
- 14 - James Ketchell | The Ultimate Triathlon - Climb, Row, Cycle
- 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- 29 - Ash Dykes | World Record Holding Adventurer
- 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- 76 - Ian Farrar 2018 Update | Goal Setting
- 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- 123 - Ian Farrar & Rob O'Donahue | Ian is interviewed for the 1% Better Podcast Show
- 126 - Brad Burton | NSW Bonus | Day One
- 133 - Ian Farrar | Fuel Your Fire, Come Back Stronger
- 139 - Caspar Craven | Where the Magic Happens
- 147 - Ash Dykes | Mission Yangtze
- 150 - Cathy O'Dowd | Do What Has Never Been Done Before
- 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- 155 - Richard Tubb | Journaling for Success
- 156 - Sarah Crimmens | Foundation: Gratitude & The Universe
- 160 - Alfie Joey | Changing Lanes
- 167 - Geoff Ramm | Every Year, One Big Project
- 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- 187 - Saray Khumalo | Award Winning Mountaineer
- 188 - Polly Brennan & John Mew | Mental Fitness
- 194 – Tony Robinson OBE | The Role of Micro Business in the World of Business Innovation
- 195 - Dave Lee | Celebration of International Podcast Day