Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Far North Sales & Marketing
Episode 201 Carl Buckley | Lead Well, Live Well
Carl Buckley is the MD at Urban River, a branding and digital marketing/website agency in Northern England, an experienced Marketeer, School governor, Business mentor and Non exec - "helping businesses to market themselves better" and to avoid doing the wrong thing really well.
No fluff, just a straight talking listener with over 30 years business and 18 years marketing experience helping businesses to understand how they can make more of their business and how they can improve their overall presence both on and offline.
Ian & Carl discuss;
- Not letting your business run you
- Importance of switching off
- Carl’s way of switching off
- What Carl does in his business to ensure culture
- How technology is used at Urban River
- All businesses being the same – Microbusiness, SMEs, PLCs
- Communication is KEY
- What Carl’s proud of within Urban River
- Different people’s views in business
- Importance of leaders showing praise to staff
- Carl’s best & worst piece of advice
If you enjoyed this episode with Carl, why not check out episodes on;
- 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- 39 - Alison Donaghey | Change Your Business Change the World
- 46 - Nick Klisht | Company Culture
- 47 - Lawrence Mitchell | Success Without Stress: How to Prevent Burnout & Build Resilience
- 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean startup, is it for you?
- 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- 65 - Shawn Anderson | Go The Extra Mile, Create That Better Life
- 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- 77 - Kyle Davies | The Answer Within, Managing Work Related Stress
- 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- 92 - Tanja Bueltmann | The Brexit Interview – Britain and the EU impact
- 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- 103 - Caspar Berry | Risk Taking & Decision Making in Poker, Business & Life
- 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- 125 - Live Streaming Interviews | Newcastle Startup Week 2019
- 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- 140 - Matthew Turner | The Anti Hustle
- 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- 184 - Gillian Fortune | How to Feel in Control
- 185 - Ray Spencer | Will the Show Go On?
- 192 - Dr Russell Thackeray | To Drive Change Through Your Organisation
- 200 - Celebration | LIVE Q&A with Chris Donovan
- 16 - Lisa Spencer-Arnell | What's LOVE got to do with Leadership
- 26 - Jonathan Pfahl | Rockstar Mentoring
- 31 - Adèle McLay | Stand Out. Get Noticed. Grow Your Business.
- 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- 42 & 43 - Geoff Thompson | Scaling a start-up company & becoming Chairman of your hometown football club
- 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The secret weapon for business success
- 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- 86 - Lucy Kendall | CEO of International Children's Charity COCO
- 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- 94 - Dr. Laurie Rauch | Performance Under Pressure
- 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five years & 250 employees later
- 100 - Ray Spencer | The Centenary edition with Ray Spencer
- 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding One Of Europe's Fastest Growing Startups
- 130 - Ian & Friends | Launching Carpeway Leadership Group
- 137 - Ian Farrar | Leaders; Things to Consider Before You Terminate A Position
- 142 - Glyn Davison | LIVE Fireside Chat
- 194 - Tony Robinson OBE | The Role Of Micro Business in the World of Innovation