Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Episode 202 Sue Balfour | How to Grow Your E-Commerce Business
Sue Balfour is CEO of Katy Sue Designs Ltd which designs, manufactures and retails its own unique range of products for the arts and crafts and cake decorating markets.
The company’s manufacturing and HQ is in South Shields but it also has a subsidiary company in USA. Katy Sue exports to over 50 countries and supplies key retailers such as Lakeland, Amazon and shopping TV as well as direct to consumers via its own websites.
Sue is passionate about her products and her customers and wants to make Katy Sue the place where positivity meets creativity.
Ian & Sue discuss;
- Story behind Katy Sue Designs
- Sue wanting to dive more into Business
- How Katy Sue Dolls became Katy Sue Designs
- Impact digital marketing had on the business
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- You can do anything!
- Creating a membership site
- Less staff and more orders
- Loving your creative life
- Next year’s focus for the business
- Sue’s favourite product she’s made
If you enjoyed this episode with Sue, why not check out episodes on;
- 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
- 194 - Tony Robinson OBE | The Role of Micro Business in the World of Business Innovation
- 196 - Russell Dalgleish | The Global Reach of Scottish Business Network
- 197 - Anneka Hicks | Founder of ExcludedUK - Supporting the 3 Million Excluded
- 8 – Darren Jobling | Advanced 3D Car Configuration Technology
- 13 – Marco Camisani Calzolari | Online Activism
- 15 – Colin Macdonald | Games Commissioner at Channel 4
- 17 - Peter Robinson | Kids Entertainment & Gaming
- 22 - Emma Kaye | Africa's Digital Distribution Platform, Bozza
- 30 - Antonio García Martinez | Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
- 34 - Scott Gombar | SEO Uncovered.
- 36 - John Lagoudakis | Results Based Internet Marketing
- 41 - Rachel Parker | Content Marketing
- 50 - Brian Fanzo | Disrupting the Digital Future with a Millennial Mindset
- 51 - Geoff Ramm | Next Level Customer Service & Marketing
- 67 - Suria Sparks | $10M Annual Sales Using Facebook Marketing Strategies
- 68 - Heather Havenwood | Chatbot: Friend Or Foe
- 78 - AJ Wilcox | Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- 85 - Amy Wan | Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Smart Contracts 101
- 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- 90 - Jamie Hill | Facebook Groups For Creating Sales Leads
- 95 - Deepak Shukla | Achieve More Leads & Boss the Rankings
- 118 - Jim Mawdsley | CEO of the UK's Leading Music Sector Development Agency
- 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- 131 - Startup Safari NG | The World of XR
- 132 - Ian Farrar with Grant Murray | Foreign Currency Trading
- 149 - Ian & Panel | Life App North | App Development Insight
- 154 - Simon Briton | Digital Transformation in R&D Tax
- 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- 195 - Dave Lee | Celebration of International Podcast Day
- 198 - Kate Baucherel | How Blockchain is Revolutionising Industry
- 199 - Steve Scott | The Power and Reach of Online Events