Far North Sales & Marketing Consultancy are all-encompassing Business Development specialists, our aim is growth, your growth.
We understand that the overhead of permanent experienced members of a team may be a step too far, maybe you would like to take a product to market, run a fresh pair of eyes over the sales process or just get over a lean period, we can help.
Episode 206 Juliette Brown | A 25 Year Rollercoaster of Leadership
From a finance background, Juliette Brown is the proud creator of Design Xpress, a large format print business of 25 years, based in the North East.
Initially set up to produce POS and posters for the Food Retail Industry, her business has evolved from start up to become a 1 million plus turnover company, supplying to Trade, Print Partners, Global Print Management and direct smaller clients.
She retains a very hands-on role when it comes to customer relationships and account management.
Despite a rollercoaster journey along the way, Juliette describes 2020 as her most challenging year to date due to Covid.
Ian & Juliette discuss;
- The transition from finance to design
- Birth of Design Xpress
- Business growth
- Pressure that can come with responsibility
- Being a female leader in a ‘Men’s World’
- Women helping other women
- Juliette stepping out of her comfort zone
- Impact Covid has had on Design Xpress
- 25 years in business & as a leader
For International Women's Day 2021, Ian wanted to do something special to help raise awareness, smash stereotypes and influence behaviour.
Ian went live for three hours on Monday 8th March and interviewed seven fantastic women back to back !
If you enjoyed this episode with Juliette, why not check out episodes on;
- 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- 18 - Heather Wilde | Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
- 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
- 194 - Tony Robinson OBE | The Role of Micro Business in the World of Business Innovation
- 196 - Russell Dalgleish | The Global Reach of Scottish Business Network
- 197 - Anneka Hicks | Founder of ExcludedUK - Supporting the 3 Million Excluded
- 202 - Sue Balfour | How to Grow Your E-Commerce Business
- 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- 16 - Lisa Spencer-Arnell | What's LOVE got to do with Leadership
- 26 - Jonathan Pfahl | Rockstar Mentoring
- 31 - Adèle McLay | Stand Out. Get Noticed. Grow Your Business.
- 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- 42 & 43 - Geoff Thompson | Scaling a start-up company & becoming Chairman of your hometown football club
- 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- 86 - Lucy Kendall | CEO of International Children's Charity COCO
- 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- 94 - Dr. Laurie Rauch | Performance Under Pressure
- 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- 100 - Ray Spencer | The Centenary edition with Ray Spencer
- 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- 130 - Ian & Friends | Launching Carpeway Leadership Group
- 137 - Ian Farrar | Leaders; Things to Consider Before You Terminate A Position
- 142 - Glyn Davison | LIVE Fireside Chat
- 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- 201 - Carl Buckley | Lead Well, Live Well