Far North - Sales, Marketing, Technology
Are you looking to enter new markets?
Launch a new business, product or service?
Maybe introduce a new revenue stream?
Far North is an all-encompassing Business Development Consultancy. We aim to fulfil your growth potential by reviewing your existing business strategy or developing a new, bespoke business model.
Far North Sales & Marketing
Episode 015 - Colin Macdonald
Games Commissioner at Channel 4
An Emmy and BAFTA winning Producer and Entrepreneur with over 25 years experience in games and digital media.
Colin entered the games industry in 1990 as Software Manager of SAM Computers, the manufacturer of the last British home computer.
Following that experience he founded a small games company which brought around twenty titles to market, including licences of Lemmings and Prince of Persia.
In 1997 he joined DMA Design as Producer on the multi-billion dollar generating Grand Theft Auto franchise, then helped found and was Studio Manager of Realtime Worlds, where he helped raise over $100m in investment and oversaw development of the 2 million selling, BAFTA-winning game Crackdown, and the online game APB.
Colin was then VP of Business Development at RTW spinout eeGeo, and is now Commissioning Editor for Games at Channel 4 / Head of All 4 Games, and Chairman of VR facial animation specialists Speech Graphics.
Ian and Colin Macdonald discuss:-
- How to take popular TV shows (such as Gogglebox) into a game format
- Games such as FIFA with in-game purchases
- Mobile games and in-app purchases
- Why VR isn't ready just yet
Colin can be found at all4games.co.uk
If you enjoyed this episode with Colin, why not check out;
- Ep 8 – Darren Jobling | Advanced 3D Car Configuration Technology
- Ep 12 – Sharon MacArthur | What Kind of a Leader are you?
- Ep 13 – Marco Camisani Calzolari | Online Activism
- Ep 17 - Peter Robinson | Kids Entertainment & Gaming
- Ep 21 - Harry Baker | The Sunshine Kid - World Poetry Slam Champ
- Ep 22 - Emma Kaye | Africa's Digital Distribution Platform, Bozza
- Ep 30 - Antonio García Martinez | Inside the Silicon Valley Money Machine
- Ep 34 - Scott Gombar | SEO Uncovered.
- Ep 36 - John Lagoudakis | Results Based Internet Marketing
- Ep 38 - Rasmus Ankersen | Talent & High Performance Culture
- Ep 39 - Alison Donaghey | Change Your Business Change the World
- Ep 41 - Rachel Parker | Content Marketing
- Ep 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- Ep 46 - Nick Klisht | Company Culture
- Ep 47 - Lawrence Mitchell | Success Without Stress: How to Prevent Burnout & Build Resilience
- Ep 50 - Brian Fanzo | Disrupting the Digital Future with a Millennial Mindset
- Ep 51 - Geoff Ramm | Next Level Customer Service & Marketing
- Ep 53 - Ian Farrar | Influencer Marketing Vs Employee Advocacy
- Ep 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- Ep 58 - Danusia Malina-Derben | Business Seduction: Sex Might Sell But Intimacy Wins
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean startup, is it for you?
- Ep 61 - Linda smith | The Meanest Woman Alive
- Ep 65 - Shawn Anderson | Go The Extra Mile, Create That Better Life
- Ep 67 - Suria Sparks | $10M Annual Sales Using Facebook Marketing Strategies
- Ep 68 - Heather Havenwood | Chatbot: Friend Or Foe
- Ep 69 - Keith Walker | Reduce threat with an Innovation Culture
- Ep 70 - Sean Swarner | Redefine Impossible
- Ep 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- Ep 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- Ep 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- Ep 77 - Kyle Davies | The Answer Within, Managing Work Related Stress
- Ep 78 - AJ Wilcox | Tips for Winning with LinkedIn Advertising
- Ep 83 - Louise Kennedy & Sharon MacArthur | International Women's Day
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 85 - Amy Wan | Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Smart Contracts 101
- Ep 87 - Gary Fildes | LIVE Fireside Chat with Astronomer & Kielder Observatory Founder
- Ep 88 - Jill McKinney | LIVE Exploring the Digital Skills Gap
- Ep 90 - Jamie Hill | Facebook Groups For Creating Sales Leads
- Ep 92 - Tanja Bueltmann | The Brexit Interview – Britain and the EU impact
- Ep 95 - Deepak Shukla | Achieve More Leads & Boss the Rankings
- Ep 97 - Ian Farrar | Company Values & Digital Reputation
- Ep 102 - Ian Farrar | Career Mapping & Goal Setting
- Ep 103 - Caspar Berry | Risk Taking & Decision Making in Poker, Business & Life
- Ep 105 - The Listeners! | Listeners Career Journeys
- Ep 109 - Ian Farrar | Ditch Them Clients & Win New Friends
- Ep 110 - Davide Caervillin | How to win at Office Politics
- Ep 114 - Pat Lynes | Teams as a Service
- Ep 115 - Ian Farrar | The Power of Feedback
- Ep 117 - Ian Farrar | One Golden Nugget
- Ep 118 - Jim Mawdsley | CEO of the UK's Leading Music Sector Development Agency
- Ep 120 - Ian Farrar | Get Accountable – 10 Tips to Seize the Way!
- Ep 125 - Live Streaming Interviews | Newcastle Startup Week 2019
- Ep 128 - Kathrine Switzer | Marathon Woman | Be Fearless
- Ep 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- Ep 131 - Startup Safari NG | The World of XR
- Ep 132 - Ian Farrar with Grant Murray | Foreign Currency Trading
- Ep 140 - Matthew Turner | The Anti Hustle
- Ep 146 - Ian Farrar | Level Up Your Business & Career
- Ep 149 - Ian & Panel | Life App North | App Development Insights
- Ep 151 - Ian Farrar | No one is coming to save YOU!
- Ep 154 - Simon Briton | Digital Transformation in R&D Tax
- Ep 159 - Sharon MacArthur | Miss Menopause
- Ep 165 - Kate Anderson | Teamwork & Culture Building
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 168 - Ramm & Risner | Manage Your Team & Thrill Your Clients
- Ep 176 - R Michael Anderson | Building During Adversity
- Ep 180 - Adrienne Gibson | Transforming with Heart
- Ep 184 - Gillian Fortune | How to Feel in Control
- Ep 185 - Ray Spencer | Will the Show Go On?
- Ep 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- Ep 192 - Dr Russell Thackeray | To Drive Change Through Your Organisation
"I used to play Manic Miner & Bombjack for hours and hours back in the day"
- Colin Macdonald