Are you looking to enter new markets?
Launch a new business, product or service?
Maybe introduce a new revenue stream?
Far North is an all-encompassing Business Development Consultancy. We aim to fulfil your growth potential by reviewing your existing business strategy or developing a new, bespoke business model.
Episode 018 - Heather Wilde
Entrepreneurship & Mentoring
Heather attended the University of Alabama Hunstville for Aerospace Engineering, St. John's College Annapolis for Liberal Arts and Clare College, Cambridge for Medieval British Literature.
Heather has a long-standing interest in Economic and Community Development. With over 15 years of building and growing digital communities with companies such as Spirit Airlines, THQ and Evernote.
Professionally, Heather has programmed microcontrollers for the Navy, worked on NASA projects, been a Flight Attendant, designed and managed online games for some major licenses, ran HR departments for small business and 5000+ employee companies, and designed and managed the support infrastructure at Evernote from its very early days through its milestone of 100 million users.
Heather is currently the CTO of ROCeteer, a company that provides coaching and support services to ecosystems globally. In tandem to this role, Heather enjoys performing as an advisor to startups and coaching their entrepreneurs.
Ian and Heather Wilde discuss:-
- Entrepreneurship and the trend with young school leavers to start their own businesses
- Solopreneurs and their ability to launch a company without increased resource
- Mentoship and its importance to your career
- Evernote and the early days
Heather can be found at heathriel.com
Heather's Recommended Reading
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
If you enjoyed this episode with Heather, why not check out;
- Ep 1 – Dinah Bennett OBE | International Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- Ep 4 – Darren Williams | From Dance Music To Hair Extensions
- Ep 9 – Tom Hunt | Tales From The Dragon’s Den
- Ep 19 - Stephanie Mulac | Entrepreneur? Don't BURN out!
- Ep 20 - Hayley Quinn | Female Entrepreneurialism, Vlogging & Office Romances
- Ep 23 - Danielle Tate | Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founders Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company
- Ep 25 - John Williams | Screw Work Break Free: How to Launch Your Own Money-Making Idea in 30 Days
- Ep 32 - Louie La Vella | When Louie met Gaga.
- Ep 33 - Matthew Turner | The Successful Mistake.
- Ep 35 - Nicki Morris | Business Stategy Planning.
- Ep 44 - Elaine Haney | Amazon Merch Entrepreneur
- Ep 48 - Nick Mann | How To Find Your Passion & Do What You Were Born To Do
- Ep 49 - Steve Shoulder | 90 Days To Profit. The Secret Weapon For Business Success
- Ep 52 - Connor Gillivan | Growing a college Amazon business into a successful enterprise.
- Ep 54 - Robyn Crane | Make More Money, Help More People
- Ep 57 - Jody Nichols | Academia to Entrepreneurship, a Software Start-up Journey.
- Ep 59 - Luke Szyrmer | Lean Startup, Is It For You?
- Ep 60 - Dustin Mathews | Can One Great Presentation Make You Rich?
- Ep 62 - Irene Manson | Rise of the silver economy billions
- Ep 64 - Jefferson Lilly | Mobile Home Park Investment Niche
- Ep 66 - Paul Lancaster | Inspiring entrepreneurs through a citywide festival
- Ep 71 - Paul Slater | Always Be Testing - Tales from a Start-up
- Ep 73 - Doug Scott | The skinny on Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
- Ep 74 - Andreas Kambanis | Top 10 Mobile App Marketing Strategy
- Ep 80 - Alex Ingham | How To Build & Run A Start-up Business
- Ep 84 - Shaun Oakes | A Founder’s Journey
- Ep 91 - Laura Foster | What exactly is a Scale Up Business?
- Ep 96 - Richard Myers | Backing Entrepreneurs with Start-Up Loans
- Ep 99 - Timo Bouldt | Five Years & 250 Employees Later
- Ep 108 – Mugzy | Hip Hop Entrepreneurship
- Ep 111 - Ric Drasin | The Golden Era of Bodybuilding
- Ep 124 - Conor McCarthy | Founding one of Europe's fastest growing startups
- Ep 129 - Cintel Global | Startup Safari NG | Founding an Emerging Tech Startup
- Ep 135 - Ian & Panel | Life After University
- Ep 148 - Ian & Panel | Q & A With Three Business Founders
- Ep 162 - Phil Teasdale | Inspiration USA!
- Ep 163 - Ashleigh King | Organising a TEDx Event & What Makes an Awesome Application
- Ep 164 - Nicola Jayne Little | Running MINT Business Club
- Ep 166 - Carl Buckley | Entrepreneurial Mindset & Wellbeing
- Ep 169 - Laura Middleton | An eCommerce Business Journey
- Ep 170 - Barney Waters | President of K-Swiss
- Ep 171 - Leon Howe | Business Incubator Benefits
- Ep 174 - Paul Lancaster | Start Something New
- Ep 175 - Deb McGargle | Understanding The World of Startups
- Ep 179 - Martin Stout | Impact via a Leading Business & Lifestyle Magazine
- Ep 181 - Rob Moore | The Disruptive Entrepreneur
- Ep 182 - Helen Burgess | Little Cooks Co
- Ep 186 - Tim Chicken | SubSea Craft | Advanced Maritime Technology
- Ep 189 - Bryn Jones | How To Launch A Drinks Product
- Ep 193 - Elise Lane | Crowdfunding Tyneside's First Urban Winery
"Everyone has something special that no one else has"
- Heather Wilde